Wednesday, May 24, 2006

New Challenge (5/24/06) – Painting/Line Art Challenge

This week's challenge is to get your creative juices flowing by only using the painting and drawing capabilities in Adobe Photoshop. You may draw shapes, create brushes, make paths, etc...BUT, you may not use a photograph of any kind. You also MUST use the provided images to come up with your unique design. You don't have to use all of the images...but, you must use at least one. Sound restrictive? This is the challenge! :)

Here is an example of an image I created awhile back. The only provided image was the black silhouette line art image.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Here are the images in .png format you are to use (click on the image to get a bigger image to download). You may recolor them, add to them, and take some away. Be creative, and see what you can come up with! :)



Have fun, and I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with!

Edited to add!

I see some people may never have painted in Photoshop...so, here are some online tutorials to help you get started!

Digital Sketching by Al's Photoshop Tutorial

Drawing a Path by Spoono

Painting in Photoshop by Conceptoo

Creating Custom Shapes by F. P. S.

Hand Drawn Look Using a Custom Shape by Solidoxygen

Creating Custom Brushes by Spoono

6 Comments:

Blogger AndyDoodler said...

First thing that came to mind:?

http://andydoodler.blogspot.com/2006/05/photoshop-challenge-beachfunold-man.html

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

Here is my submission!! I look forward to some comments! Thank you!

Just Because³

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger hemlock said...

Just found your site through a participant. I think I might just have to give this one a whirl since I really want to learn about Photoshop!

Not sure about this week though.

Hemlock
The Ramble Room

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Bummer that I'm going to have to sit this one out. Not because of lack of interest, but because of lack of time! Yikes! This long weekend should have helped, but instead I am further behind!

I'll be back to play for the next one!

Tammy

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Thank you for the links! I have been wanting to push myself to do this in photoshop. I will scope out some of those tutorials.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

http://imagik.blogspot.com/2006/05/into-harbor.html

my first entry at this challenge. I'm not that pleased with it, maybe next time I'll do better! Mary

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home