Wednesday, June 07, 2006

New Challenge (6/7/06) – Comical Critters or Characters

I'm sure you have seen them, those goofy and freaky greeting cards where the images are distorted or altered? Well, this is your challenge for this week's Weekly Photoshop Challenge.

Using a photo of your choice, manipulate and alter the image so it represents a comical critter or character. You can also think of this as a photo caricature; exaggerating different prominent features of the original image.

Here are just a couple of simple examples I created to give you an idea. But, be as creative as you can be...and go "all out" if you can!


After Manipulation

Before Manipulation


After Manipulation


Before Manipulation

For my examples, I simply used the Liquify Filter (it does more than liposuction). I am still running under CS, but there are even more interesing tools in CS2.

Here are a few tutorials to get you started. But, don't be afraid to play with the tools in Photoshop to get fun and unusual creations.

Good luck, and enjoy your week!

p.s. Sorry this is posted so late...Blogger was having "technical difficulties" for a good part of the day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done. It's here

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I had fun playing with a photo of my cat Henry! See it here!

Tammy

Friday, June 09, 2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

I took a silly photo of my daughter, and made her even more silly! Check her out!

Trisha's Comical Character

Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Abbie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, June 12, 2006 6:59:00 AM  
Blogger Abbie said...

Hi! This is my first submission and I had so much fun! Thanks for the site!

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Fun- I'm probably gonna do more

http://andydoodler.blogspot.com/2006/06/photoshop-challenge.html

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home