Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New Challenge (6/14/06) – Create a "For Dummies" Bookcover

I-Pod for Dummies. Knitting for Dummies. Bowling For Dummies. These are just a few examples of the kind of "Dummies" books on the market. This week's challenge is to create a "For Dummies" bookcover of your choice. Be as bizarre, fun, creative, or simple as you want with both your subject matter and your design!

If you have never seen a real "For Dummies" book...visit http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/ to see examples.

Once you complete your image and place it on your blog, don't forget to come back here and comment to this post with a link to your blog for all to see! You have one week to complete this challenge! Have fun!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh so fun! I'm excited about this one!

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

Here is my final piece! I used a photo of an antique train I had taken a few years ago when we visited. This was my inspiration for my topic.

My Final "For Dummies" piece

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I made one and my friend used it in one of her posts. You can find her post with the dummies book here

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

BOY...I wasn't expecting THAT! SHOCK! LOL!

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's hilarious, isn't she?

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:19:00 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Although mine can't top Krista's - it was FUN! (and I also realized there really is a dummies book about MMORPG's in existence...)

My World of Warcraft for Dummies is posted!

Tammy

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home