Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New Challenge (6/21/06) – Text Effects

This week's challenge is going to entail working with text in Adobe Photoshop. Using your own images, or creating one from scratch...create an advertisement or decorative element showcasing the text in the image. You can be as simple or complex as you would like! The challenge is to become familiar with all of the fun things we can do with text in Photoshop.

Also, when posting your final piece(s) for this challenge, please share the technique and/or steps you used so we can all learn something new!

Here are just a few simple examples I have completed showcasing text:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you have never played with text, check out the following Photoshop tutorial websites to give you some ideas:

tutorialized.com

Planet Photoshop

Tutorial Post

Have fun! I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Nichols said...

http://craftygirls.blogspot.com/2006/06/weekly-photoshop-challenge-love-this.html Here is the link to my entry also THANK YOU for the tutorials!!

Friday, June 23, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

I fed 2 birds with one seed (don't like the stone/killing saying haha); did this as part of Illustrationfriday post too.
I was as "simple" as I liked-- Technique = typed 'rain' over image of rain and turned the opacity of text down.
I'll try and challenge myself next time- when I have more time-- it's the only way to learn.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6819/2098/1600/RainB.jpg

P.S.: Beautiful samples!

Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:44:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I took this chance to make a couple of new headers for my blog. I was thinking of changing anyway! Which one should I use?!

Mimmsical Creations

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

I finally posted mine! Been a long and stressful week over here. My daughter and husband have been sick...which put my days totally out of whack!

I am late uploading a new challenge. Look for it tomorrow!

In the meantime...please check out my creations!! I also made a couple of videos, hopefully you can check them out as well!

Here is my weekly results.

Trisha's Challenge Results

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home